Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Gift of a Grant

There it was a missed call along with a reminder that there was a message. Actually, there were several messages. Amongst all the messages was one from the first place I had a biopsy done on my breast. Of course, it was about a bill that I owed on. Insurance didn't pay all of it. Deductible needed to be paid in full. I was thinking, DANG CANCER! I waited a day to call back. 

Yesterday morning when I got to work I called to see what I could do to set up a payment plan. I took a deep breath as I dialed the number. Asked for the lady needed. Then got the biggest surprise of my life.  Susan G. Komen gives grants to hospitals, and medical centers treating breast cancer. They were wanting to give me the grant to pay my bills owed at that Center. Even as I type this the tears filling in my eyes. I was being given a gift to help with the bills. I am not even a patient there anymore. Yet they wanted to help me. Bless me! 

It was explained that when people Race For The Cure, the money is put into Grants to help breast cancer patients. So, one day I will give back by participating in a race locally. 

Sweet Goodness! 

" Because I have been given much I too must give"

No comments:

Post a Comment