Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Work

This week is a very exciting week at the school I work at. Fall break is next week. For the kids that means parent/teacher conferences. It's a 4 day school week.

My day went fast. I delighted in getting a chance to watch Greys Anatomy on Netflix. Which is becoming a rare thing these days. We are just busy then tired at the end of the day. 

I am looking forward to a day when I don't swell up so easy. A day when I can come home with a little more energy to ride my bike, work on a piece of furniture for the house and maybe a mural of some sort.

For now I am tiring with all my heart to accept what I can't change. Roll with what the day brings. Pray for a moment to have time with my husband without so many kid things or cancer things. Cancer sucks! Finding the joy in it is hard to do. It has changed me forever more. I have been striped away of all the vain and prideful things I had physically. Now I will be loosing that which defines me as a woman when you look at me, my breast. This is not an easy thing to do. We laugh about it to cover the pain of it. Yes the fake ones are coming. They will have no feeling despite picking my size. No nipples unless I have some tattooed on or have a 3rd surgery to have some created. That's not fun. Then forever more I will walk around....I will be grateful to be alive. This is a hard thing to do. How do I find the joy in it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment